Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ribot & Medeski at (Le) Poisson Rouge

upd: Thank you, Dustin, for the feature on the (le) poisson rouge blog! 

John Medeski and Marc Ribot played at the (Le) Poisson Rouge last week with William Parker (bass) and Andrew Cyrille (drums). It was a very enjoyable night.  Seemed more of an impromptu jam than a rehearsed show, which is always better. A musical stream of consciousness by musicians of their stature is fascinating to listen to. Below are my iPad memories. They even gave a shout out to Auktyon, who couldn't leave Russia for their scheduled US performances with Ribot and Medeski. Needless to say, all the fans here were shattered by the news. I really hope to see them on stage together again soon.

Drawn on my iPad. John Medeski, William Parker and Mark Ribot.
Drawn on my iPhone. William Parker on Bass.
Drawn on my iPad. William Parker on Bass.

2 comments:

  1. Might I have permission to post the image up top in the session entry of my Parker Sessionography? With all due credit, of course.

    http://www.bb10k.com/PARKER.disc.html

    I *like* it!
    Rick Lopez

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Rick, thank you! Sent you an email @bb10k.com
    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete