Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Shakespeare's Henry IV, the NY CLassical Production

It's been a very long time since I went out to draw NY Classical theater's panoramic productions. I was busy being pregnant and being a new mom... And after a very long pause, finally, last week, I went to Battery Park to see the 25th anniversary production of Henry IV. It was as delightful, energetic and exciting as ever! Directed by the one and only Stephen Burdman. Some of my all-time favorite actors were in the play: John Michalsky, Ian Gould, Ian Antal, Nick Salamone. There were also many new phenomenal actors.

I felt anxious going back to life drawing without any warmup. But what I discovered was that drawing is like riding a bicycle: it comes right back. My hands just knew what to do. All I needed was to remind myself to look at the actors and to not judge what's on the page as I was drawing it. I enjoyed it immensely!

Cheers to NY Classical's 25th season and here's to 25 more! 

 










0 Comments:

Post a Comment