Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 2: "One Watercolor A Day" Challenge

Exercise 2. Flower painting in two variations: wet paint on wet paper vs. wet paint on dry paper.

These two Amaryllis stems, one with green blossoms and one with red blossoms, barely survived the brisk 5 minute walk form the flower shop to my home in this crazy freezing weather we've been having in New York lately. They lived just long enough for me to paint them.  

Admittedly, Wet on Wet was my favorite of the two techniques, as it captures the floral essence perfectly. 


left: Wet on Wet / right: Wet on Dry

All Wet on Wet
left: Wet on Wet / right: Wet on Dry



I'm doing one watercolor exercise a week, following a delightful book called "One Watercolor A Day", written by my art teacher Veronica Lawlor, with my other art teacher Margaret Hurst, and their co-members of Studio 1482 artist collective. Check out the One Watercolor A Day Facebook group, where participants of the challenge are posting their exercise results on weekly basis.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment