Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Drawing Music :: Bonobo @ Webster Hall, NYC

Drawn on my iPhone 
Simon Green (aka Bonobo) & Andreya Triana

If I knew 3 years ago I'll be seeing Bonobo live, I'd flip out.  I still love his music-don't get me wrong-but a few years back it was more like an obsession. Let the numbers do the talking: according to stats on my last.fm profile, since 2006 to date, I have played 59,750 tracks. Bonobo ranks as my top overall artist with 639 plays. And that's not counting my ipod/iphone "on the go " plays. I remember hanging out on his myspace page (way before FB!) and leaving him "come play in New York!" fan posts. So he finally did!

Bonobo, aka Simon Green, a 34-year-old bassist-producer-composer-musician-DJ from Great Britain, brought a whole crew of amazing musicians along. Everything was played live, and it was SUPER. All expectations exceeded x100. I waited to see Bajka, the singer featured on "Days To Come" album, but was pleasantly surprised by Andreya Triana instead. The venue was packed. The crowd was in a frenzy. Hey, that was Bonobo! Live in NY!!! Thanks for coming, Simon. You are clearly loved here.

Drawn on my iPhone 
Simon Green (aka Bonobo) He doesn't smile much.
 
Drawn on my iPhone 
Simon Green (aka Bonobo)


Drawn on my iPhone 
Simon Green (aka Bonobo) & Andreya Triana

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, Julia! I've never listened to Bonobo. I'll have to give him a listen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!!! i shall hook you up, then :)

    ReplyDelete